Sunday, October 10, 2010

8 months

It has been eight months since Eric died. What else is there to say today...not much. God is good. He has taken care of me and the kids. God is giving me strength to make it through each day and without that I would be lost. People often tell me that I am so strong. I see why they might say that but I know the truth-God is holding me up. I am not strong in myself. I am not keeping a tough upper lip. I am only able to live because I choose God and he lifts me up. We are all able to handle so much more than we think when we let God be in charge. You can't resist where God is taking you or what he has allowed to happen. The way you stay stuck is to stop, dig in and refuse to accept what is right in front of your face. We are all toddlers when it comes right down to it...we ball up our fists, stomp the ground and yell "NO!" Well guess what-that changes absolutely nothing. Get off your butt, put on your big girl pants and accept that life doesn't go your way. God is in charge-get over it. That is what I learned before Eric died and I am so thankful that when Eric died it didn't take years to get that lesson under my belt before I could hold my head up, lean into God and live.

2 comments:

CSimpson said...

Sarah, Your comments remind me of the song by Carrie Underwood "Jesus Take the Wheel". Trust in him and he will guide you. Love to all. Cleda

Susie said...

Your words of encouragement are empowering. I too lost my husband of almost 20 years on February 5, 2010, of a sudden heart attack. He was 44 years young. We have two children, a 19 year old daughter, and a 14 year old son. My pastor, Pastor Lightcap, sometimes refers to your experience during service. I visit your page periodically to find hope and comfort. God bless you and your children.

Susie Kelso
KC, MO.