Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Measure of Modesty

After a year of intense training to become proficient at the art of pooping, my three year old son Micah has finally gotten the hang of it, but for some reason, he has gained a sense of modesty. He has recently informed Sarah and I that he would prefer that we not help him while he is trying to poop. I personally have no problem with this, because I have a rather sensitive nose. But I have come to realize that his modesty can be somewhat awkward in public, and let me explain.

He will often ask us to step out of the stall as he is taking care of business. After a minute or two of grunting, groaning, and a flush, I will usually see him open the stall door, pants to his ankles in all his glory, proudly boasting of his accomplishment and asking for help with his pants. I usually just smile at the guy staring at us and say, "that ones mine."

So much for modesty.

No comments: