Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mia Familia

I am leaving Saturday morning for New Jersey. This will be the last time I will have to go... I'm sure!

Sarah and I have been trying to enjoy our time here in Wisconsin, because we realize a move could be quickly approaching. I have enjoyed being around my in-laws for the last year, and after three years of being so far away from either of our families, it has been really nice to be around at least one set of parents/grandparents. But it is still difficult to be far from my family, and as I see myself and my children getting older, I lament not having them closer.

As Sarah and I prepare for our possible move to New Jersey, the lack of family there has become a difficult struggle. When I feel the weight of this struggle, I will often think about the words Jesus spoke to Peter as they were traveling around far from their families...

Mark 10:28-31 28 Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you!" 29 "I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields-- and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first."

1 comment:

CSimpson said...

It would be wonderful if you would at least move to Southern New Jersey. You'd be a little closer to the family. We'd love to see you and family more often. However, we know God has a plan for you and we are very proud of you and your family. Love to all. Mom.