Wednesday, January 13, 2010

NO NO Don't Go

Last Sunday Sarah, the kids, and I went to eat lunch with Paul and Karen at a local Mexican Restaurant. We all ate lunch and were on our way out the door when Micah says, "Dad, I have to go to the bathroom." I'm like, "Ok, can you hold it until we get home?" And he says, "No, I have to go right away." That is what he says if he means business, so I thought it best to take him "right away."

We get into the bathroom, and he asked me if I could go into the stall and he would use the stand up place. I didn't have to go, but I thought I would let him be a big boy and use the urinal. I go into the stall for a minute and I hear a lot of shifting going on so I come back out. Micah had decided he wanted to try something new. Somehow he had managed to hoist himself up on to the urinal to take care of his business.

To say the least, it became a learning moment for both of us.

No comments: