Saturday, February 27, 2010

Eric Sings

My mom informed me of yet another cool Eric story. Apparently a woman who's husband helps my dad out in his business told them this story. Shirley works at the hospital that Eric was rushed to. The staff there had to create a sterile environment. While they were doing this they heard Eric singing praises to God. I thought that the only place that he did that was at the plant but he was still singing at the hospital. Just the thought of this makes me shake in awe-seriously. I mean imagine. What wonders was he seeing? What was that like? Wow.

The next day when they found out that Eric had died one of the women that had helped make the sterile environment came to Shirley and said "please tell me that young man is in heaven." To which Shirley replied "I can tell you with absolute certainty that he IS in heaven." Then she was able to share the gospel with this woman.

I am amazed how God used Eric as his witness up until the very end and beyond. I hope that this true story makes you stand in awe of our great and mighty God. I know that it does for me. It also reassures me that God is so good and will use all things for his glory. I love you Jesus.

2 comments:

mama Brenda said...

Hi Sara,

This is Brenda, Vic's sister in Chicago... I was just reading some of your blogs. I'm sorry I never got to meet Eric he sounds like a truly amazing man. Thank you for keeping his legacy alive. I pray for you and your family daily. I love the fact that through such tragedy and pain God can still use us for the glory of His kingdom! Thank you for sharing all of this with us.

Anonymous said...

These posts are so encouraging to read. Thank you for posting them, Sarah. I continue to pray for you daily, along with your whole family.
I would love to get together with you and the kids soon. We have been dealing with Pancho and his recovery from blastomycosis. I will call you soon, ok?