Friday, February 26, 2010

One Thought

One thought that God impressed upon me when I was in Eric's hospital room was, "he is not your God". It was a message that I kept hearing over and over as my heart was breaking and I had to say goodbye to Eric. Eric was my husband, father to my two amazing kids and my best friend however, he was not my universe. I feel sad today. I miss Eric a lot. I wish he were here to hug me and just be around. I miss his hugs and the way he always made me feel like life's circumstances were not so bad. I can still hear him say "it's going to alright Sar". I feel like I am losing part of him each day that he is away. I hate that.

God is faithful. People call and write everyday and tell me they are praying for us. Today I have had two friends ask how they could pray for me this day. I have been given encouraging words and scripture and in it God is reinforcing the truth that He is my God-not Eric. When I keep God in the throne of my heart, everything else seems less daunting. If I remember that God is my God and that He is a good God then an amazing thing happens-Peace. I still feel sad and I still miss Eric but I feel like it is not more than I can handle. I wish Eric were here but at least I can know that God will never leave me or forsake me. I love my friends and family. I am so thankful that they are wrapping their arms around me and helping me through this process-God's church can work! That is also encouraging.

P.S. Dave and Vicki-how did I do today? ; )

1 comment:

johnb said...

YOU DID GREAT JOHN B.