Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pictures and Helpers

I went through Eric's college photos last night and put them into albums. I felt like I was invading his privacy a little bit even though he is dead. He had this whole life before me and it included all of these people that have no idea who they are. How many times has your spouse told you a story about their childhood or college life and you listen but don't absorb it because you don't really care that deeply about it and you can't really have their memory so it doesn't seem as funny or touching or whatever the emotion. Now I feel pangs of regret. I wish I knew what his pictures meant. I felt like I was a detective trying to piece together this strange and mysterious puzzle. He went to so many places and did so many things. He was all over Europe when he "studied" abroad and he went to mexico for a summer and peru on a missions trip. He saw so many places and we had planned on going to Europe for a trip when he was done with his deployment. How do I travel to Europe now? I can't imagine trying to travel with 2 kids or by myself. It is a sad thing.

On a lighter note, this morning Carissa (almost 4 year old niece) announced this morning that she had gone potty on the toi toi (toilet). We praised her because she had an accident yesterday and was pretty devistated. Then Karlene (sister-in-law) asked "who wiped you?" To which Carissa replied "Micah". We laughed so hard. Micah is a good helper but he is barely 4 years old. He also likes to wipe his butt on any towel that should happen to be in his path...so...yeah...yuck.

1 comment:

johnb said...

SARAH; I HAVE BEEN GOING OUR THROUGH OUR PICTURES ALSO AND CAN FEEL SOME OF YOUR GREIF. ILOST MY MOM IN 1984 AND THERE IS NOT A DAY I DON'T THINK OF HER . SAME WITH ERIC I'M JUST SO GLAD TO HAVE KNOWN HIM. IT DO GET BETTER! LOVE JOHN , KIM & ASHLYN