Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Lord can heal us

While I went through an eating disorder I thought that healing would never come. My counselor set me on a path that I am forever grateful for. It was a path of healing. She showed my how coming to The Healer, ask for his help in revealing lies and then bringing healing through his truth was the only way to be set free. Psalm 103:2-3 " Praise the Lord, O my soul, forget not all of his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases." Psalm 147:3 "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

This morning I finally found a piece of healing that I really needed. I have been very thrown by this thought and I didn't know what to do. My last post was that I was struggling with being alone. It hurt so deeply that I began to wonder-what is this tapping into that I have been blind to? Was there a lie somewhere in this feeling? I presented this all to God and asked for the lie. That was a lie that was hiding within me, eating away at my security? God answered me. I felt that being alone meant being invisible and being invisible is equal to being unimportant. I used to feel this way a lot as a kid. I realized that this lie had made its way into my adulthood and drove my insecurity of being alone. Once this realization was in place then I asked God to bring his truth to the situation and He did. Isaiah 58:11 "The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame." Isaiah 54:5 "For your Maker is your husband-the Lord Almighty is his name." See...God is all we need. He provides what we need when we need it. He will never leave me or forsake me (Deut. 31:6). I am not alone, I am not insignificant. The God of the universe promises to take care of ME. He promises to love ME. He promises to be MY husband. I don't know that God has for me in the future but today I was wanting and when I came to God he filled me up. I am not alone. I am not insignificant I am God's precious child. That is a great place to be.

1 comment:

caplight said...

I like the way you roll. This one's in the sermon this morning.