Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hallelujah

I was singing a song in the car yesterday and Micah asked, "what does that word mean?" He was referring to the word 'Hallelujah'. I gave him a definition and then had that moment of slight concern. Did I just get that wrong? It is funny how many words that you hear and think that you know for sure until you kid asks you to explain it. So for all of you that are now paranoid that you do not know the definition here it is:

Hallelujah:
Used to express praise to God: used to express praise, joy or thanks to God.
etymology: Hebrew (meant to praise the Lord)

Here is the song that we were singing: It is and Eddie Kirkland song from his CD Orthodoxy.


1 comment:

A Sip from the Well said...

grr...I can't get this to work. Visit itunes and look it up. I also REALLY like track 3 and track 11.