Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Who am I O Lord?

2 Samuel 7:18-19 Then King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who an I," O Soverign Lord, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? And as if this were not enough in your sight, O Lord, you have also spoken about the future of the house of your servant. Is this your ususual way of dealing with man, O Soverign Lord?

David wanted to do something for God. He wanted to provide the ark a "proper" home. God appreciated that David's heart was for God but God had other plans. He told David that He would bless David's family. David is in awe of what God has just said that he would do and part of his response is what I have recorded above.

This is how our amazing God works. I was at Bible study and one of the ladies relayed a story of how her parents responded differently to a situation that they normally would have been upset about. They told her they wanted to keep the perspective that their first response to all situations would be to sing praises to God just like Eric did in the face of death. She also said that she reads this blog as do her parents and that they are praying for us. These things just put me in a place of awe. It is so humbling to be used by God and to see how God continues to use Eric. I responded to this friend with these words, "who am I that God would use me?" Then after that conversation we watched our Bible study video. I wonder if you can guess where we were at in the Bible (hint: see the verses above). God is good.

No comments: