Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hope

I have no explanation for the hope that I have. It is not just a hope in my Christ but a hope that I have in a future. Eric was in the hospital bed one month ago today. We were waiting for the family to come so that I could let him go. I felt the heartbreak and agony of realization that I would no longer would share this earth with Eric. Amidst that I kept hearing 'it is going to be okay'. I have heard that message over and over in my heart this past month. I know that God is the God of all comfort. He has comforted me and I have hope. I had the best husband in the world. He was a good man. He was a kind man. He was in love with Jesus and he wasn't afraid to show it. He wasn't afraid to be with 'sinners'. He was alive in a way that I had never known until I knew him. He was always ready to learn and grow. He was the best example of Jesus in my entire life. Oh how I relish the thought of Eric in heaven. I KNOW Eric. I can see his smile. I KNOW that he is so happy. He is complete. He is home and I find comfort in that. Deep and abiding comfort.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen :-)

Beth said...

That hope is amazing isn't it?! The great thing is that God will continue to amaze you in ways that you can never fathom!