Saturday, May 29, 2010

Grief to Sarah

Dear Sarah-
I am sorry that this time is hard for you. I know that I am not always welcome but I need to be here. Believe it or not I am keeping you safe. I am helping let go of the pain that Eric's death has brought you. I am helping you see that God is always going to be there and supply all of your needs. I am here to keep you company so that you know that you loved deeply. I am here so that you never forget the gifts that you have in your children, family and friends. I am here even though you want me to go so that you can walk away from this time with your head held up high and your relationship with God deeper still. I am giving you a second chance to appreciate the blessings that you have and let go of the mistakes that you made in the past. No one is perfect and most people don't get a second chance. You are getting a big blessing-embrace it. I hope that someday you can look back on our time together with appreciation but I understand that this won't happen for a while. I will leave after a while...you know that right? I hope that this letter helps you but I understand if it doesn't for some time.
Sincerely-
Grief

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. this is truly profound. i am learning so much from your experiences. praying for you! :)
sandy