Monday, May 24, 2010

Short Post

I wanted to let everyone know that I am indeed alive. I had a great weekend. I was sans parents this weekend and I actually did well. I didn't feel the overwhelming grip of loneliness. I felt like I could do the whole single mom thing. We had activities to do and I called people to hang out with. Overall it was a good thing. I felt like that was an important step to have made. I am okay being alone at least once and a while. Since Eric died I felt like such a loser if I was alone and I also tended to feel depressed because my brain had too much time to feel sorry for myself. It isn't a healthy sadness-if it were I would be okay with it. Having a pity party never gets you anywhere-it helps you stay stuck.

My singles group has been such a blessing. I love the people. They are so accepting and I love that they love the Lord. Please pray for us as we meet in the town center and pray for God's will. We will be there the next five weeks and we know that if we seek God we will find him when we seek him with all our hearts (Jer. 29:13).

I had an amazing time with the Lord this morning. My mind has been struggling with some things and I am frustrated that they seek to take up my thoughts. God gave me a break from those things and allowed my to worship him and study him. It was so needed and so refreshing. God is good. His love endures forever. (2 Chron. 7:3b and hundreds of other times in scriptures)
God bless-I will write again soon.

No comments: