Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Prayer

Very shortly after Eric died I felt God calling me to a time of purity. I see it was now for my protection. I have been convicted of very tiny things and have been called to obey frequently. I find it hard to listen to anything but Christian music right now and so I don't. I have often had to change the TV channel or have no time to watch anyway. There has been a lot of clinging to God and those things help me to cling to God and not be distracted. I hope that this doesn't sound high and mighty because it isn't meant that way rather this is meant to be put out there as a baffled question...has this ever happened to you? The latest thing that God is calling me to is prayer. Prayer has really impacted me since Eric died. I could FEEL peoples prayers lifting me up and carrying me. Gods prescience was so heavy in that and it so profoundly moved me and still moves me. God is so real and so ready and able to care for me and for you. Prayer has been important to me for a long time but never to this degree. I don't know what is going on but I feel compelled to pray-pray-PRAY. God wants to change me and use me for His glory just as He desires to do that with you too. I am praying.

One of my singles group leaders was sharing what God has been in him and it had to do with prayer. He said that the Lord was calling him to pray for seven weeks in the town square. My spirit actually leaped within me when he said those words. It was so powerful that it brought tears to my eyes...again spirit leaping is new for me. I am not sure what God is doing in me but I am praying. Know that there are people out there who love Jesus and are praying for his will to be done and his glory to be shone. I pray that your walk will get closer to God as you read this. After all what are we without God? What can we take with us when we die? What are we living for? God has so challenged me that all I can do is pray as He purifies me for his will and for his glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I have so enjoyed reading your posts and getting to chat w/ you here and there thru MOPS. You are wise and strong spiritually and at the same time you are hilarious and goofy. As strange as it sounds, in your greatest time of need, through this journey, you've been a witness to me and many others and God has used you to uplift the faith of others. Keep praying - He is using you!